A baked cake is one of life’s simplest and greatest pleasures. Tasting the wholesome goodness of a cake that you have baked yourself from scratch is an unparalleled feeling. We understand that and have thus brought forth 7 irresistibly delicious cake recipes that you shouldn’t miss.
1. Gulkand mousse
- 500 ml fresh cream
- 70 gm gulkand
- 150 ml of milk
- 2 tablespoons thandai powder
- 100 ml condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- Prepare the thandai by churning milk and thandai powder together.
- Next, whisk the thandai, condensed milk, and cream together in a large vessel to form a smooth mixture.
- Pour it in shot glasses, garnish it with gulkand and pistas, cool it for an hour, and serve!
2. Lemon cheesecake
- 110g digestive biscuits
- 50g butter
- 25g light brown soft sugar
- 350g mascarpone
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2-3 lemons, juiced (about 90ml)
- Crush the digestive biscuits with a rolling pin. Stir in the brown sugar and biscuit crumbs in melted butter.
- With a baking parchment, line the base of a 20 cms. loose-bottomed cake tin and then press the biscuits into it. Refrigerate it.
- While it chills, beat the lemon zest and juice, caster sugar, and mascarpone to form a smooth and creamy mixture. Spread it over the base and keep it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
3. Blueberry cheesecake
- Graham crackers
- Salted butter
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Full fat cream cheese
- Blueberry pie filling (not the same as canned blueberries)
- Crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs in a food processor and then pour melted butter into it. Mix the butter well with the crackers.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of a springform pan till it is tightly packed. Refrigerate it.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream in a bowl till the mixture is stiff.
- Spread this mixture evenly on the crust and refrigerate for two hours.
Finally, top it with blueberry pie filling and serve!
4. Strawberry cheesecake
- 250 gm strawberries
- 200 gm glucose biscuits
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hung curd
- 1 cup cream
- 1 Tbsp gelatin
- 4 Tbsp water
- 6-8 fresh strawberries – for garnishing
- Prepare a mixture by mixing melted butter with well-ground biscuits and line the serving dish evenly with it. Refrigerate it.
- Mix strawberries and sugar in a mixie. Add hung card and cream to this puree and blend well to form a smooth mixture. Pour it in a bowl.
- Add 4 tbsp of water and gelatin to the strawberry mixture slowly. Stir it constantly.
- Pour this mixture on the set base and refrigerate overnight.
Finally, serve it cold with freshly chopped strawberries.
5. Chocolate fudge
- 350gm/ 2 cups chopped dark chocolate
- 400gm condensed milk
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- Line a pan with parchment paper and grease it with butter.
- Melt the chocolate on a double boiler while stirring it occasionally.
- After taking the chocolate off heat, add condensed milk and melted butter. Mix well to form a thick mixture.
- Refrigerate the fudge mixture in the prepared pan for 3-4 hours.
- Once set, cut it into squares, dust some cocoa powder on it, and voila!
6. Choco mocha cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and grease 9 inch round cake pans (2). Dissolve instant coffee in hot water.
- Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl along with the instant coffee prepared earlier and blend well to form a thin and smooth batter. Pour this mixture on the prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes and let the mixture cool in the pans for about half an hour before turning out onto the racks.
Frost the cooled cake with coffee icing and the choco mocha cake is ready!
7. Hazelnut cake
- 2/3cup of soft vegetable butter
- 5 cups ground hazelnuts
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 15 g baking powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cups of milk or oat milk
- 3 eggs medium size
- 1 loaf pan 20 cm
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease the pan with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter with sugar to form a creamy mixture and gradually add the eggs one by one.
- Mix flour, hazelnuts and baking powder. Add milk and this flour mix to the butter mixture. Mix it.
- Bake it for an hour till the top of the cake turns brown.
- Allow the cake to cool. Dress with powdered sugar, and serve!