Be it a birthday, anniversary, farewell or simply a binge night, a cake is something that can never go wrong. But what about the flavours? Are you confused with a wide variety of options available out there? There are a host of flavours which are loved by people all across the globe, yet there are some basic ones that all of us have grown to relish. Cake Buzz is not just here to ensure that you get the tastiest cakes for your occasions but also to help you in making the right choice. We have also added some delicious recipes so that you can bake one yourself. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s start!
- Chocolate cake
- Vanilla cake
- Red velvet cake
- Strawberry cake
- Butterscotch cake
1. Chocolate cake
Chocolate cakes aren’t a flavour but an emotion. Be it a grown-up adult or a kid, who doesn’t love chocolate cakes? Remember when we would go to our friend’s birthday parties or when our moms used to whip mouth-watering cakes at our home, and we used to lick the chocolate cake till the last bite? Though it goes well on its own too, there are many options available if you love to mix and match –
- Oreo Mousse Cake
- Choco Chip Cake
- Chocolate Truffle Cake
- Chocolate Fudge
The chocolate fudge cake recipe
- 350gm/ 2 cups chopped dark chocolate
- 400gm condensed milk
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- Line a pan with parchment paper and grease it with butter.
- Melt the chocolate on a double boiler while stirring it occasionally.
- After taking the chocolate off heat, add condensed milk and melted butter. Mix well to form a thick mixture.
- Refrigerate the fudge mixture in the prepared pan for 3-4 hours.
- Once set, cut it into squares, dust some cocoa powder on it, and voila!
2. Vanilla cake
When we have mentioned vanilla on the second position in this list, you must know that this list isn’t in any particular order. Who can ever rank the better one between the two? Well, we can’t!
Even if you don’t know a person well enough to know their favourite cake flavour, vanilla would be the best choice. It is a classic. Treat yourself to the sweet fragrance and taste of vanilla with these options –
- Flourless vanilla
- Vanilla confetti cake
- Eggless vanilla cake
- Vanilla lemon cake
- Vanilla sponge cake
The delicious white cake recipe
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a 9* 9-inch pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a medium-sized bowl and beat the eggs one at a time. Next, add vanilla, flour, and baking powder, and mix well.
- Finally, add milk and make a smooth batter. Pour this batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for over 40 minutes.
You can test if the cake is baked by checking if it springs back to the touch.
3. Red velvet cake
The deep red colour of red velvet cake symbolizes love. The red colour sandwiched with white cream holds your heart over it. Even if you just want a cake jar for yourself, it is a fantastic option. Add more excitement to your ceremonies with this finger-licking delicious cake.
4. Strawberry cake
Are you searching for cake flavours for your baby girl’s birthday? Trust us, all kids love strawberry cakes due to its sweet taste and attractive colour. You have the option of going with frozen or partially frozen strawberry cakes too. Here are some ways in which you can include strawberries in your cake –
- Use them as an ingredient in the cake batter.
- Layer the cake with chopped strawberries.
- Garnish the cake with chopped strawberries.
Strawberry cheesecake recipe
- 250 gm strawberries
- 200 gm glucose biscuits
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hung curd
- 1 cup cream
- 1 Tbsp gelatin
- 4 Tbsp water
- 6-8 fresh strawberries – for garnishing
- Prepare a mixture by mixing melted butter with well-ground biscuits and line the serving dish evenly with it. Refrigerate it.
- Mix strawberries and sugar in a mixie. Add hung card and cream to this puree and blend well to form a smooth mixture. Pour it into a bowl.
- Add 4 tbsp of water and gelatin to the strawberry mixture slowly. Stir it constantly.
- Pour this mixture on the set base and refrigerate overnight.
Finally, serve it cold with freshly chopped strawberries.
5. Butterscotch cake
You can trust butterscotch cakes without batting an eyelid. Caramel drizzle, which chocolate and the butterscotch ganache will make your day. These cakes are perfect for every occasion. Order a butterscotch cake today and lose yourself in its crunch.
You can order these cakes from the comfort of your home anytime you wish to. Cake Buzz promises to add happiness to every occasion.